3.30.2013

Life with Bird, Lavazza and LMFF.

Lavazza is known for it's beautiful coffee and also for being heavily involved with the fashion industry. Having sponsored LMFF for the past five years, the internationally recognised brand has also worked with some of fashions elite, such as Roberto Cavalli, Moschino and Missoni. 

In 2013, Lavazza has teamed up with Melbourne based label LIFEwithBIRD (yes my sister Bridget and husband Nicholas Messners label- very proud little sister!)  to produce a giant printed Lavazza coffee cup with the famous LWB 'caterpillar' print. Not only this, but international Lavazza ambassador, singer, and former reality tv star Caggie Dunlop, who recently moved from London to Sydney, flew down to Melbourne to join my fellow devotee Jasmin Howell from Friend in Fashion, my sister Bridget and Nicholas of LIFEwithBIRD and I (who were all dressed in the latest AW13 collection, Wild Species Dark Love), on the morning of March 19th, to unveil the mega sized cup, along with the Lavazza A Modo Mio Lounge- a pop up cafe open at Central Pier, throughout the festival. Lavazza also supplied mini coffee cups with the caterpillar print on them that were sooooo cute!! It honestly is such a great collaboration which I feel blessed to of been apart of, but also to be involved in the festival myself as a devotee is amazing. I have to say, I did feel very special being involved in mornings event. It was such a perfect morning, with unbelievable weather and we were surrounded by such a great bunch of people, which was lots of fun. Caggie was very down to earth and we had a bit of a laugh and lots of fun playing around being silly for the photographers and guests who came along. When you think about it, Melbourne is known for its coffee and for it's fashion, so it really makes perfect sense that the two would collaborate- and what better time then during the L'Oreal Melbourne Fashion Festival. Even though this happened just under a couple of weeks ago, I wanted to share this with all of those who couldn't make it down to the festival to check it out. All clothes worn by Caggie, Jasmin, Bridget and myself are available to purchase online HERE. I am totally in love with the 'Young Love Dress' that I was wearing, which retails for $365. Made from pure silk and in the most beautiful colour, as well as a sexy smoke colour and then also the striking caterpillar print as well. It is truly flattering on the body and I felt so comfortable wearing it! There's actually a lot I could buy from the latest LWB AW13 collection… I have to be careful, cause otherwise I might end up broke!! 
The first nine photos below are sourced from Couturing (taken by photographer Gemma Watts). Then the photos in the middle I took on my Cannon G12. The last photo was sourced from the beautiful Nadia Coppolino's blog Chronicles of Nadia - photographed with Nadia Coppolino, Trent Knox from Lavazza, myself, Jasmin and stylist Lana Wilkinson. 
















1 comment:

riya mehra said...

you wide choices to suit an individual’s needs. Thanks